9 Book Blogs I Love - And You'll Love 'Em Too!

So ... as a book blogger, I spend a lot of time skulking round my little corner of the internet, visiting all my neighbours and generally just soaking up all of that bloggy brilliance.
Well. I try to spend a lot of time skulking round. I'm a very busy bean sometimes, what with school and reading the books I want to rave about and people actually expecting me to talk to them once in a while (honestly ... how dare they?), and that means that I don't get to check my favourite blogs as often as I'd like. Commenting ... also tends to not happen very often. And this is sad because I really, truly, love them and the people behind them, so I figured I'd do my bit as a good fangirl by spreading the word here. 

Have a visit of the ones that interest you, wouldn't you? It'd make me so happy to know I'd sent a new reader to even one of these beautiful sites.

  • Disability in Kidlit - These guys write the disability-YA crossover posts that I wish I could write. They're basically a site dedicated to reviewing books that feature prominent disabled characters - which is amazing, because it's always so difficult to find books and characters I can relate to as a disabled person - and they also write some pretty awesome posts about disability trends within YA in general. What makes them even more brilliant is the fact that books are only ever reviewed by someone who has the disability (this includes mental health issues and things such as ADHD too, by the way), so you know their opinion of the representation will be pretty much accurate. HuzZAH!
          And, by the way, if you're reading this and thinking that as an able-bodied person, this website             won't be interesting to you, just ... I promise it is. It's written to be accessible to everyone and I           truly think you'll enjoy it.

  • Pages Unbound - Briana and Krysta are the gurus of classic literature blogging, in my mind at least in my mind. Expect a blog stuffed full with reviews of all kinds, but especially of classic lit, and lots of other features that really make them stand out. My personal favourites are their Academic Success series, which is aimed at new college students trying to work out what studying looks like at a higher level; and the Classic Remarks meme that they have created, writing a classic-related discussion, and then opening the question up for other people to write their own posts. I've never participated, because my classics knowledge is sadly lacking, but I love reading everyone's opinion every month.
  • Paper Fury - Now, I know everyone knows about Cait and her world-domination plans already, but there's no earthly way I could write a post about my favourite blogs and not include her. Since she re-branded from Notebook Sisters to Paper Fury, I don't think I've missed a single post of hers. They're just too sarcastically brilliant. AND SHE ALSO POSTS SNIPPETS OF HER WRITING THAT ARE EQUALLY SARCASTIC.
  • (Also, have you seen that blog design? And the post graphics? *swoons*)
  • The Librarian Who Doesn't Say Shh! - This is another blog with a beautiful design, but what I love most about it is the fact that Tara is a librarian ... which you probably got from her blog name. But it means that she knows a LOT about the traditional side of YA - genres, how to write a proper critical review, and other things I really like to read not just as a YA lover, but also knowing that being anywhere near that much wisdom must help my blogging skills somehow.
  • The Devil Orders Takeout - I really do not get round to reading Alyssa's blog enough, but this is a crying shame becuase it is AMAZING. Think snippets of Mulan-inspired writing and pieces on diversity as well as a lot of other awesome bookish stuff - there's far too much brilliance to describe here, quite honestly, so you might as well just go have a look for yourself.
  • Tea and Titles - I can't imagine anyone's particularly surprised at me loving this blog. Ely and I chat on Twitter quite a bit - it's probably clogging up your timeline by now - and I love how her personality comes across in her posts. I'm also a big fan of Michelle's TV recommendation posts (I'm always in need of a new show to watch), and their joint Top Ten Tuesdays never fail to be awesome.
  • Queen of Contemporary - Lucy's just back from a super-long blogging break, and I'm so glad I can read her posts again! Her BookTube is utterly beautiful, of course, but as someone who prefers to read text posts, I enjoy her content even more when it's written. My personal favourites include her feminism-related posts, her general fangirling over Victorian literature ... and of course the guinea pigs.
  • The Tree of Books - Frankly, this is one of those blogs that I'd follow even if it suddenly started talking exclusively about cheese, just because I'm a pretty similar person to Julia, its blogger. Anyone who will talk about Disney with me (despite my shocking lack of knowledge on the early films) and share my opinion on the Rainbow Magic series deserves a follow in my book.
  • The Magic Violinist - Really, Lara? You enjoy the blog of a person you interviewed and majorly support in her quest to get her book published? I never would have guessed. Seriously, though, I love Kate's posts because they're basically the fangirl life in 1000 words or less. If you ever need a Potter, Dr Who or Supernatural fix, you know where to go.
So, that was the nine blogs. YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO, HUMANS! Go check then out! Go follow! Go spread their awesomeness around the bloggersphere!

***
In the comments: Do you have a favourite blog or ten you think deserves some recognition? SHARE SHARE SHARE! I'll be visiting as many as possible to show support and solidarity and stuff.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

16 comments:

  1. Awww, I'M BLUSHING. <3 YOU ARE TOO NICE TO ME. 😊😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! This is a list of some really wonderful blogs! I'll have to check out some of the ones that are new to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, you're welcome - and they are all rather marvellous, aren't they? I hope you'll enjoy the ones you haven't seen before!

      Delete
  3. Aw, you're the sweetest <3 I can't believe I made a list that Cait is on too—that is some next level stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't I just ... :-P As for Cait, well, I still fangirl a tiny bit every time I get a comment from her (tbh, I fangirl every time I get a comment), so I see where you're coming from!

      Delete
    2. I am just Hijacking this comment also to say THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU :) That is so sweet of you, I will try to get you addicted to many more tv shows.

      Delete
    3. YOU'RE WELCOME! YOU'RE WELCOME! YOU'RE WELCOME! Please, continue getting me addicted to as many TV shows as possible.

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much, Lara!! You are super, super lovely - lots more posts coming up from you! It's so nice to be back from my break. I am so in love with your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for being so awesome, Lucy! It's great to have you back, and frankly I'm blushing a little bit at this comment. In LOVE? *swoons overdramatically*

      Delete
  5. The Devil Orders Takeout is still my favourite blog name of all time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seconded. It's the most original thing I've ever heard.

      Delete
  6. Aww, you totally made my day with this!! :) I feel like a cliché Oscar nominee saying this, but it really is a huge honor to be listed with all of these amazing blogs! I wasn't familiar with some of them, but I'm subscribed to them now. Thanks for the shout-out!

    And "The Devil Orders Takeout" is still one of my all-time favorite blog names ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found that, in order to sound like a gracious accepter of compliments, you need to sound as much like a cliche Oscar nominee as possible. I'm really glad I've been able to introduce you to some new lovely blogs, and you are TOTALLY WELCOME for the shoutout.

      I have made my feelings on this topic obvious already, but yes. The Devil Orders Takeout is a brilliant blog name. As is the Magic Violinist ;-)

      Delete
  7. Paper Fury and Pages Unbound are both excellent blogs! I haven't heard of a lot of these others ones. I'm going to have to check them out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STEPHANIE I'M SO SORRY IT TOOK ME A WHILE TO REPLY! Life's been kinda crazy over the last couple of days - but thanks for reading, and I'm glad you're going to check out those blogs. Hopefully you'll enjoy a couple. x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! ;-D

Follow Me! I Know the Way!

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig