12 Authors and Bloggers to Follow on Twitter

This post has been created to mark the addition of my twitter sidebar. It's right over there! >>>>

I joined Twitter about a week ago, and I LOVE it! You can write randomly about anything you like, add links to your blog posts for people to find (I'm @otherteenreader, by the way), and, the best of all, follow your favourite authors and bloggers. Here are a list of people I love to read tweets from - they're funny, sarcastic and awesome.

#1 - John Green (@johngreen)

Author of Looking for Alaska, The Fault in our Stars, and An Abundance of Katherines, among others, Green is a pretty prolific tweeter. A lot of his stuff is about events and promo for his books, but the articles he links to are pretty interesting, as are his retweets. Give it a go.

#2 - Rainbow Rowell (@rainbowrowell)
Rowell's feed is good, good, GOOD! What else would you expect from someone who wrote both Fangirl and Eleanor and Park? Part of the reason I joined twitter is because one of my favourite YA bloggers said I should follow Rainbow Rowell. You should too.

#3 - Lucy Powrie (@LucyTheReader)
Blog: http://queenofcontemporary.com/

I found Lucy's blog through twitter, and, as you can see from my "Favourite Blogs" tab, I am very glad I did. She shares a lot of my book opinions, so if you agree with the stuff on this blog, then you'll probably like her stuff too.

#4 - Sarah J. Maas (@SJMaas)
Website: http://sarahjmaas.com/ (link to blog there).

Sarah J. Maas is my all-time favourite fantasy author. She wrote Throne of Glass, which is such an epically awesome series that I can't even begin to describe it, and her latest book, A Court of Thorns and Roses, is on tour right now. Read about the crazy journey of post-publishing - and the writing world in general - with her twitter feed.

#5 - Go Teen Writers (@GoTeenWriters)
Blog: http://www.goteenwriters.blogspot.co.uk/

As the name suggests, Go Teen Writers is a practical treasure-trove of writing advice for teens and almost-teens, and I love it to pieces. Go Teen Writers was my entry into the book blogging world. It's mostly run by Stephanie Morill (@StephMorill) and Jill Williamson (@JillWilliamson), but Shannon Dittemore (@ShanDitty) also helps out, so if you like Go Teen Writers, I'd check out their stuff too.

#6 - Kate I. Foley (@Magic_Violinist)
Blog: http://themagicviolinist.blogspot.co.uk/

You've probably heard me go on about the awesomeness of The Magic Violinist before. Well, Kate is the crazy-awesome genius behind it. She mostly retweets stuff about Doctor Who and Harry Potter, so, if that's what you like, be prepared for your online reading material to double in quantity. Who doesn't want that?

#7 - Corey Ann Haydu (@CoreyAnnHaydu)
Website: http://www.coreyannhaydu.com/2012/

Corey Ann Haydu is the author of the incredible Life By Committee, which I just finished (my mind will not stop being blown) and has some brilliant things to say about life. Her feed makes me smile.

#8 - Alison Cherry (@alison_cherry)
Blog: http://alisoncherrybooks.com/

I was really sad when Alison stopped posting regularly in her blog, so finding her twitter feed made me very happy. I don't think I've ever laughed out loud reading anyone else's feed, but it happens when I read hers. She also wrote Red and For Real, which are perfect little-known books you should definitely check out.

#9 - Stephanie Perkins (@naturallysteph)
Blog: http://naturalartificial.blogspot.co.uk/

This feed is a new discovery for me, and I like it. I like it a lot. It's full of sugar-sweet posts with equally sweet photos, plus the odd dusting of goofball sarcasm. Very fun.

#10 - Shannon Hale (@haleshannon)
Website: http://shannonhale.com

I am rather embarrassed to admit that I've never read a single one of Shannon's books, but I probably should, seeing as I love her feed so much. It's often the first thing I see when I log into twitter, and is simple sassy brilliance.

#11 - Meg Cabot (@megcabot)
Website: http://www.megcabot.com/

If you've read The Princess Diaries, then you can expect similar things in tweet form. Sarcasm, wit, and general appreciation of the writing life.

and finally. . . 

#12 - J.K Rowling (@jk_rowling)
Website: http://www.jkrowling.com/

She is Queen of the Potterheads, and Queen of the Twitter Slapdown. Just read the brilliance.

Plus, upon occasion, she answers questions about Harry Potter. I live for the day she will tell me what Neville's middle name is (I don't think it was canon)...

These are my favourite bloggers and authors - do you have anyone to add to the list? If so, share in the comments.
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments:

  1. Um, wow. Can I just tell you how honored I am to be included in this list of brilliant authors? (J.K. Rowling and Rainbow Rowell alone . . . just wow.) Thank you so much! :)

    I would definitely recommend following Cait (@PaperFury). She tweets about cool blog posts, her adorable puppy, and random bookish brilliance. I also love reading John Hansen's hysterical tweets about writing and balancing schoolwork and general awesomeness. You can find him @ABoredAuthor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following both now! And I promise, you deserve it.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! ;-D

Follow Me! I Know the Way!

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig