Why I Love Reading

There are many, many reasons why I love reading.

I love the way a character can hide in your head, influencing your thoughts at the strangest moments.
I love it when I lose track of time because I'm 'in a book'.

I love the way books smell when they're new, and I love that smell even more when they're old.

I love how I can have the longest debates with my bookworm friends, arguing about which characters should get together or how to pronounce the names in Fantasy books.

I love the feeling when I find a new bookshop, and when I'm allowed to stay in there for hours.
(Yes, I really have been here. It's Old Pier Books in Morecambe, England.)

I love the way my bookshelves look, like they're holding old friends.
(That really is my bedroom, in case you were wondering.)

I love meeting my favourite authors, or even just reading their Twitter feeds, because it feels like I've found their books all over again.

I love recommending books to anyone who'll listen.

I love hiding in my school library, no matter how nice the weather is outside.

But most of all, I love how reading gives me a thousand different lives to live. I can choose which characters to love and which to hate, which book worlds to rest in and which to run away from. So, what I'd like to say is that I pity those who don't read. I mean, it's their choice, and no-one can force somebody else to love a book (trust me, I've tried). But it still seems unfortunate - why just live in the real world when you can have a million more?

We all have different reasons to love reading - what are yours? And what do you have to say to those who don't?
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! ;-D

Follow Me! I Know the Way!

Labels

#MiniReviews (2) #WeNeedDiverseBooks (5) adaptations (1) Adult Lit. (2) All the Bright Places (1) Alternative Formats (1) Anne Frank (3) Authors (3) Bali Rai (1) be happy! (6) Beautiful People (6) Becky Allbertelli (1) Big Blogging Bonanza (28) birthday (1) Blog Organisation (4) Blog Tags (21) Blog Tour (1) blogging (24) book trends (1) Books (76) bookshops (5) bookworm (8) cake (1) characters (11) Christmas (5) Classic Literature (2) Claudia Grey (1) coffee (1) contributions (3) Cover Art (2) Creative Pieces (8) crying (2) Disability (6) Disability Diaries (4) Discussions (3) eBooks (2) Elizabeth Laird (1) emojis (1) Faye Bird (1) feminism (2) Fiction Book Review (1) films (2) funny (3) Gallagher Girls (1) GIFs (7) gifts (2) Giveaway (1) Halloween (1) Harry Potter (7) Heroines (4) Holly Bourne (2) Holocaust (2) ideas (6) imagination (6) inspiring (7) Instagram (3) interview (1) letter (2) Library (2) lists (35) Louise O'Neill (1) love (7) Malala Yousafzai (2) Me (18) Mental Health (3) middle grade (3) Monica Hesse (1) Monthly Wrap-Ups (2) New Year (2) non-fiction (1) Not-Vlogging (2) Pancake Day (1) panic (2) pep talk (1) Percy Jackson (1) photography (5) picture-heavy (8) poetry (1) princesses (1) Rainbow Rowell (1) Read-A-Long Diaries (1) reading (20) Reading Challenges (1) Reading Slumps (3) real life (43) recommendations (7) Reviews (26) roundup (1) scary? (4) school (3) series (1) Series Review (1) Sherlock (1) shipping (2) Short Pieces (10) Sorry! (4) Spoiler Alert (2) stars (1) Starting Conversations (2) Summer (2) Taking a Break (2) TBR Pile (7) Teenagerdom (5) Thank You (1) The Fight for Education (2) The Magic Violinist (3) The Oscars (2) THIS WAS A LONG POST (1) Tips & Tricks (10) twitter (3) Valentine's Day (1) Wattpad (1) Will Kostakis (1) Wishes (2) Words for a Wednesday (8) World Book Day (1) writing (10) YA Contemporary (5) YA Dystopian (2) YA Fantasy (6) YA Sci Fi (1) YA Thriller (3) Young Adult (5) zombies (1)
BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig