The Cover Championships of Champions (Part 2/2)

Greetings! Please ensure that, after you read this nugget of wonderfulness from Lara Liz, you scroll down to read yesterday's. It got posted only an hour or so ago due to a WiFi calamity.
***


Why thank you, random public-service announcer who may or may not be a figment of my imagination. You really do have a point there.

Anyway, I'm now home and have escaped from the horrible curses of unreliable internet, so we can get on with the Cover Championships of Champions. Woo-hoo! Here is a reminder of the four beautiful books that have reached the semi-final stage (if you want to find out what happened to the others I plucked randomly out of the air nominated, then just click here):

From left to right: Dorothy Must Die (Danielle Paige), Fangirl (Rainbow Rowell), The London Eye Mystery (Sioban Dowd).

Semi-Final #1 - Dorothy Must Die vs. Fangirl
Wow. Now that we've got to the semi-final, competition is really hotting up! These covers are both undeniably eye-catching, and I personally think they sum up their stories very well. Either would do well in the final, but only one can go through, so I'm going to indulge a preference of mine and admit that I prefer bright colours to dark ones - dystopian seems to be everywhere at the moment, and Fangirl goes through, as it brings a little whimsy to my day.

Semi Final #2 - The London Eye Mystery vs. I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You
Hmm. This one is also exceptionally close, and I find it a little scary. WHAT IF EVERYBODY HATES MY DECISION AND WANTS TO KILL ME?! I like life. . .

However, as tough as it is, I must come to a conclusion. Because the colours are brighter and I love London, I choose The London Eye Mystery. Also, once you read it, you will understand that everything on it is a clue to a part of the plot. I love covers like that.

GRAND FINAL -  FANGIRL vs. THE LONDON EYE MYSTERY 
Oooh. These two aren't just beautiful, they're similar. Both full of colours and clues and a little bit of whimsical cartoonery. We certainly know what I like, don't we?

I'm going to have to ask for a second opinion on this one. Mum says The London Eye Mystery, and do you know, I agree with her. So it's the Cover Champion of the Championships of Champions!

***
What do you guys think of my decisions? Have you read any of these books? And which is your personal cover champion?
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! ;-D

Follow Me! I Know the Way!

BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig